Top Ten Things that remind you...YOU ARE A FULL-FLEDGED MOMMY'!
10. You roll over onto a sharp object in bed...only to discover a pink binki!
9. You go to bed with your husband and wake up with 2 kids (husband on couch).
8. You start talking baby talk to your husband.
7. You look forward to mac-n-cheese, a gogurt and chocolate milk for lunch.
6. 85% of your DVR is filled with Curious George and Sesame Street episodes.
5. Laundry is no longer a Monday only event.
4. A great 'night out on the town' consists of going to Costco ~ all by yourself!
3. You often venture to the grocery store in a ponytail and your pajamas (sweats and a "T").
2. You discover crusted-over baby vomit on your favorite 'dry-clean only' skirt.
#1. You look at your children, see heaven in their eyes, and remember you have the greatest and most important job on earth!!!
I'm incredibly grateful to be home with my kids, even though some days I have to search for the light in the trenches! Just prior to Isaac being born, I was offered a job that would have made John and I incredibly comfortable ~ financially, that is. I contemplated for weeks, trying to find a new angle or spin on how this job might be advantageous for my soon-to-be-born son. The equation simply didn't work. Didn't feel right. I know that for some women, working outside the home is not a choice. In many circumstances, it is not feasible to live on a single income. I feel very fortunate to have the choice ~ although who wouldn't like a little extra cash floating around??? I thank my Heavenly Father daily for the fabulous blessing of motherhood...the greatest career choice for me! I think C.S. Lewis explained it best when he said, "Motherhood is surely, in reality, the most important work in the world. What do ships, railways, mines, cars, government, etc. exist for except that people may be fed, warmed, and safe in their own homes? A mother's job is the one for which all others exist." (Collected Letters of C.S. Lewis)
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Mommyhood!
Posted by Chelle at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
That sounds just about right!!!
Great and so true!
You still sound tired . . . wish I could tell you you'll be over it soon . . .
I must be a mommy then, cause it all sounds too familiar to me too! Yes, it is quite the job, but really, would we have it any other way??!! Cute post and so true!
God bless your family, Chelle! Motherhood is great, isn't it? Even when I'm totally exhausted because I only slept 4 hours last night because I had to clean vomit off Dash's bed and have 4 loads of laundry to do today, I'm the happiest with my boys (even when I sit down so that I don't collapse and they're all over me).
I love the top 10!! Sounds so familiar! I love being a mommy...but the time has come for me to venture back off to work! Kind of a bummer...but you gotta do what you gotta do!! :)
I LOVE YOUR TOP TEN, YOUR SUCH A GOOD MOM, I LOVE THE QUOTE ABOUT MOTHERHOOD, WE ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE THESE SWEET SPIRITS IN OUR HOME EVEN IF SOME DAYS, ITS HARD, HOPE YOU ARE DOING WELL, TALK TO YA SOON.
Thanks for the quote from C.S. Lewis. No truer words have ever been spoken. Thank you for your list. You are a wonderful mother and your two angels are and always will be a monument to to your special gifts as a mother. I love your friend.
Post a Comment