
While the clock ticks closer to midnight, I revel in the past. It's difficult to say farewell to the best decade of my life! Of course we've had our fair share of discouragement, pain, and sorrow, but through it all, I've experienced the kind of joy that is much greater...a deeper JOY. As I reminisce, I realize that some of the most meaningful (and pivotal) events of my life have transpired in THIS very decade. I've been challenged. My soul ~ stretched. I've grown in ways I didn't know were possible! With mixed feelings, we close this chapter of our lives, but look forward to embracing the new. How to sum up the last 10 years??? Our decade in review (cliff notes version)...
Married for Eternity to love of my life! (Mar. 1,2000) Honeymoon to Acapulco. Bliss. Ward Family Reunion in Upstate New York (Lake George and Palmyra). Travel to South America ~ Argentina and Chile (2001). John graduates with MBA. John takes on risky biz venture with partner. Hard work, marginal success. John ditches venture(2002). Unemployment stinks. Drafted plans and renderings for dream home. Secured Draper 3/4-acre lot (2002). Zimmer trip to Banff, Canada with John. John contracts new home build on Webb Rd.(2003). Townhome sold. Move-in to Home Sweet Home:) Zimmer trip to Barcelona, Spain with John (2004). Build, purchase and manage 4-plex investment rental property at Temple Meadows(American Fork). John offered BBG position at Wells Fargo. 1st in-vitro attempt. Failed. 2nd attempt, successful, then miscarry twins early on. Puerto Vallarta for Thanksgiving holiday to unwind. 3rd in-vitro attempt, unsuccessful. Heartbroken. Adoption considerations (2005)...three close calls. Incredible rollercoaster ride. Discouraging, disheartening, but keepin' the faith. 2005 U2 Vertigo Tour ~ 4 shows (SLC, Phoenix and Vegas)! Summer cross-country trip to Black Hills, Missouri, Nauvoo and Iowa. Inspiring.Uplifting.Spiritual. Chelle absorbed in medical sales @ Zimmer. Top sales in country. Hard work. Big sales. Bonus checks. Grand piano purchase! Chelle opens in-home piano studio. Work, work, and more work. Some play. More weekend-warrior trips. Jackson, Yellowstone, Pinedale, St. George. Moab. Slow down. Acupuncture therapy. 4th in-vitro attempt(2006). SUCCESS at last! Isaac John Ward arrives (Jan. 2007). Elated! Isaac rushed to Primary Children's Hospital. Shocked. Devastated. Fervent prayers! Heart surgery. Miracles. Chelle hangs-up 10-year medical sales career. No regrets. Mommy. Best job in world! Open Heart Surgery! Prayer works! More Miracles!!! Most amazing boy in the world! Healthy Isaac. Trip to Kauai (2008). Rejuvinated. Grandpa Beesley slips away (2008). Still missing him. In-vitro again...SUCCESS! Eliza Grace Ward born (June 2009)! Healthy, happy, gorgeous baby! Busy mommy. Joyful mommy. See mommy run. See mommy cry. See mommy do backflips. See mommy laugh. See daddy hug mommy. Still in love. Busy, busy mommy. Happy, GRATEFUL mommy(2009)!!! Abundant life! Best friends! Best family! Heart swells with love and gratitude for blessings that flow from our one, true source above! What a ride!
May this new decade be one of glowing health, much happiness and good fortune galore! Cheers to all in 2010!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Farewell to a Decade...
Posted by Chelle at 7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
I didn't know all the details. What a decade!
Now that's summing it all up!! I love it!! Happy New Year!!
Great blog! Love your summary.
See Mommy run is right!! Wow! What a ride. Well done!
What a decade! You are truly blessed! And such a cute mom to Isaac & Eliza.
Post a Comment