I'm officially OFF dairy again! Found blood in Liza's stool (just like we did with Isaac when he was, well, 6 months old!). What's with this odd milk protein allergy presenting itself at this stage? I'm still nursing, but drinking vanilla soy milk (it's quite good, actually) and fruit smoothies! Have you ever tried to cut out the dairy in your diet? It's hard, but I'll do it for her! I did it back in the day with Isaac and actually ate more healthy than ever before. Here's a favorite smoothie concoction:
1 handful of raspberries
1 handful of blueberries/blackberries (anti-oxidant)
1 handful of strawberries
(note: I buy a frozen berry medley pkg. with all the above)
1 lg. handful of spinach (*see health benefits below)
1 Tbsp. frozen orange juice (concentrate)
1-2 cups **vanilla soy milk
ICE
BLEND!
*Spinach is a bundle of nutrients and has numerous health benefits. Flavoniods is a compound in spinach, which has anti oxidant and anti cancer properties. Spinach helps in lowering blood pressure due the presence of magnesium. Vitamin K, which is important for maintaining bone health, is also in spinach. Moreover, spinach protects against heart disease. Vitamin C in spinach provides anti-inflammatory benefits. Spinach can give smarter brain and better eyesight due to its richness in vitamins.
**Soy benefits include lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease. Some studies suggest that populations eating diets high in soy-based foods have a lower incidence of breast cancer, prostate cancer and menopausal problems.
P.S. - I love and adore my sweet kids!!!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
ANTI-Dairy (again!)
Posted by Chelle at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
sounds good, except for the spinach. I'll try it. Have you thought about putting in soft tofu instead of soy milk?
You should try almond milk. We've been through every non-dairy option and I definitely think that it's the most delicious.
Post a Comment