Friday, December 5, 2008

Farewell to Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


I enjoyed Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's funeral services today on KBYU. What a humble, hard-working man! I will miss him. I especially appreciated his most recent conference talk in Oct. ~ using the encouraging words from his mother as his inspiration, 'Come What May, and Love It!' He taught us so simply that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life. Elder Wirthlin made me laugh and cry throughout his talk. If you have a chance to read it, it is well worth your time! Furthermore, he discusses 'The Principle of Compensation'. I probably read this paragraph 10 times. It is profound. He says, "The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude." What an amazing promise! I will miss that sweet man!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I miss cute elder worthlin. What an amazing man!

Emily said...

Thanks for this reminder of his talk--I'm going to read it tonight.

Paul Cardall said...

The funeral was amazing! Especially, President Monson's words to the family.

We think about you guys all the time! Love you!!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

i need to pull that out and read it! hope you are doing well what a darling family. tess would love to play with Isaac anytime, let me know. take care.

Shalise said...

What a great article. I will have to look it up and really take some time with it. How are you doing? Feeling?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed