Saturday, July 10, 2010

Full Price Me No More!

I was a SKePtiCAl, to say the least, about getting involved with the latest CouPoNiG CRaZe. I was advised once from a professional organizer to STeeR CLeaR from snipping coupons simply because it was a WaSTe of TIME. She argued that the savings didn't equal the value of ones precious time ~ I agreed. Furthermore, I didn't jive with the idea of running to ten grocery stores just to save a buck...like the old adage, "Don't step over dollars to pick up pennies!" BUT...this is 2010...we have access to incredible resources, one of which is a website that has made picking up dollars a SIMPLE REALITY! Here it is: www.grocerysmarts.com (click here to link)


MY JOURNEY:
I am sharing this because I am amazed how far I have come in 2 months! I used to DReaD the GS, like a trip to the Dentist. I admit, it's still not my most favorite thing ever, but since embracing this new challenge, it's become a game to me! Each trip I try to beat the savings of the last. I'm more organized at home with my meal planning and feel like I am doing my part to contribute to our personal financial health. And just for the record, I am averaging SaViNGs up to 25%-30% on my grocery bill each visit!!!

So Let Me Explain. It's not that I'm clipping a ton of coupons...only a few. The difference is that I'm taking 10 minutes prior to my grocery trip to glance at the website which alerts me to advertised deals at the store of my choice ~ KEY...I still want to be in and out as quickly as possible, not navigating a new store. The DeaLs LiST is organized and rated in a clear, concise fashion (5 stars = a WOW deal). Once I am aware of the better deals, I can capitalize on them! The savings add up fast! Occassionally, I will DOUBLE the deal by throwing a manufacture coupon at it. That can make for a SWEET REWARD! The website will guide you in locating the manufacture coupons so you don't have to search them out. Here's an example: Yesterday, I combined a Smith's advertised special with a manufacture coupon in Smart Source and ended up with 4 boxes of cereal for .88 cents each. I purchased a dozen eggs for .60 cents. Apple juice for .99 cents. English muffins were buy 1 get 1 free. Our favorite yogurt...threw another coupon at it for TWICE the bargain. My total combined SaViNGs on yesterday's grocery bill = $34.97 !!! Worth the 10 minutes of my time to do the research. I figure that's like having a part time job and earning $200 p/hour!!! Does this mean I can hit the mall more frequently???

Other great SaViNGs websites:
www.citydeals.com
screamincoupons.com
restaurant.com
freebies2deals.com
pinchingyourpennies.com

1 comments:

Thekrogwoman said...

I don't know Sha-Sha!! I'm a skeptic too and I just don't know if I have it in me, but I'd hope it is!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed