In light of what's been "going down" in Congress in recent weeks, I thought I'd share this quote. Thomas Jefferson was a wise man! Our founding fathers principles of freedom are not obsolete! The constitution is still a divinely inspired document! I'm disappointed and discouraged to say the least as I watch our government enact law despite what America wants. I can only hope and pray that America will stand united and fight for who we are! As the familiar anthem states, LET FREEDOM RING!!!
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else...When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
...Thomas Jefferson
Monday, March 29, 2010
Quote for the day!
Posted by Chelle at 10:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Oh my, Yes, that Thomas Jefferson was a wise man! Our country could really use one of him right about now! God Bless America!! Please!!
Amen, sista!! :)
Seriously such a good quote! Thank you for sharing.
What a great quote and thanks for sharing with the rest of us. I am a bit nervous about the direction our Country is going in as well, I don't have enough of an opinion yet just one of those things where it seems "Too good to be True".
Post a Comment