Monday, July 13, 2009

Breakthrough!!!


Are you kidding me???. For those of you who know us well, you know that I struggle with getting Isaac to EAT. We've wasted so much food...enough to feed hundreds of families in Africa, I swear. I've tried everything from having picnics on the floor, animal-print plateware, playing games, doing acrobatic, back-breaking tricks, making sounds I've never heard myself make, WHATEVER...you name it, we've done it all (at least we thought)! Well, this weekend, we were doing the power struggle thing with food again. He had just watched a golf tournament with daddy. I told him that Tiger Woods eats big to swing the golf club and hit the ball "so high" and "so far" (his vocabulary). I asked him to take a "GOLF BALL bite." To my surprise, he did. John chimed in and asked him to take a "birdie" bite (he just learned about scoring birdies). No problem. How 'bout an "eagle" bite. Slick. And we've been eating ever since...Dahhhh! Why did it take us so long to figure this one out? Sometimes I feel like such a dummy of a parent. We'll see how long this trick lasts.

3 comments:

kelly said...

i so get it - i feel like i am tricking mine all the time into eating, like its a chore! good for you!

The Boyacks said...

That is hilarious!!!

Thekrogwoman said...

That is so funny!! Love the 'birdie' bite! Wouldn't that mean a small bite? Guess not in golf terms huh. Sounds like he's for sure got golf on his mind!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed