Every day is getting better. His last chest tube came out and he is on oral medication only. Yesterday Isaac started to smile again and be the little boy we're used to. It has become play time for him too. We went on wagon rides up and down the hall and when we got back from the cafeteria the nurses had him in a swing at their station. He loves the musical mobile above his crib and is fixated on it.
He has also caught on that mom is much better than any bottle, so it's back to nursing. However, he is now eating more, so maybe that's okay. I tried to sleep in the room with them last night, and between the nurse pop-ins and the strange noises the building makes I was wide awake. So at 4:00 AM I told Chelle, "I'm going home". We hope that Isaac will be released tomorrow and we can try to get back to normal.









0 comments:
Post a Comment